(a) Every sale or transport of cannabis or cannabis products from one licensee to another licensee must be recorded on a sales invoice or receipt. Sales invoices and receipts may be maintained electronically and must be filed in such manner as to be readily accessible for examination by employees of the department or California Department of Tax and Fee Administration and shall not be commingled with invoices covering other commodities.
(b) Each sales invoice required by subdivision (a) shall include the name and address of the seller and shall include the following information:
(1) Name and address of the purchaser.
(2) Date of sale and invoice number.
(3) Kind, quantity, size, and capacity of packages of cannabis or cannabis products sold.
(4) The cost to the purchaser, together with any discount applied to the price as shown on the invoice.
(5) The place from which transport of the cannabis or cannabis product was made unless transport was made from the premises of the licensee.
(6) Whether the cannabis or cannabis products are designated for donation to a medicinal cannabis patient.
(7) Any other information specified by the department.
(Amended by Stats. 2021, Ch. 70, Sec. 78. (AB 141) Effective July 12, 2021. Note: This section was added on Nov. 8, 2016, by initiative Prop. 64.)