(a) A licensee shall not, without the prior written approval of the Department, make a physical change, alteration, or modification of the licensed premises that materially or substantially alters the licensed premises or the use of the licensed premises from the premises diagram originally filed with the license application. A licensee whose licensed premises is to be materially or substantially changed, modified, or altered is responsible for filing a request for premises modification with the Department.
(b) Material or substantial changes, alterations, or modifications requiring approval include, but are not limited to:
(1) The removal, creation, or relocation of a common entryway, doorway, passage, or a means of public entry or exit, when such common entryway, doorway, or passage alters or changes limited-access areas within the licensed premises;
(2) The removal, creation, or relocation of a wall or barrier; and
(3) Changing the activities conducted in or the use of an area identified in the last premises diagram provided to the Department.
(c) Licensees who are engaging in the cultivation of cannabis must obtain approval under this section for the following modifications:
(1) Modification to any area described in the licensee’s cultivation plan including, but not limited to, the removal, creation, or relocation of canopy, processing, packaging, composting, harvest storage, and chemical storage areas;
(2) Change in water or power source(s); and
(3) Modifications or upgrades to electrical systems at a licensed premises shall be performed by a licensed electrician. A copy of the electrician’s license shall be submitted with any premises modification requests for electrical systems.
(d) Licensees who are engaging in commercial cannabis manufacturing must obtain approval under this section for the following modifications:
(1) The addition of any extraction method subject to the requirements of section 17206;
(2) The addition of any other extraction method that necessitates a substantial or material alteration of the premises;
(3) The addition of infusion operations if no infusion activity is listed in the current license application on file with the Department; and
(4) A substantial or material alteration of the licensed premises from the current premises diagram on file with the Department.
(e) Licensed cultivators shall request approval of a physical change, alteration, or modification through the online licensing system. All other licensees shall request approval of a physical change, alteration, or modification in writing, by submitting the Licensee Notification and Request Form, Notifications and Requests to Modify a License, DCC-LIC-027 (Amended 9/21), which is incorporated herein by reference, and the request shall include:
(1) A new premises diagram that conforms to requirements in section 15006 of this division; and
(2) A fee pursuant to section 15014 of this division for all licensees except licensed cultivators.
(f) A licensee shall provide additional documentation requested by the Department to evaluate the licensee’s request to modify the licensed premises.
Authority: Section 26013, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 26012 and 26055, Business and Professions Code.